Sunday, January 8, 2012

Brunch @ Orange Thimble

It's the first Sunday of the year, so we headed for brunch at a new place!
Planned by Daniel as a surprise for me, thank God for such a man! ;)
And more importantly, it's for us to spend some quality time before he sets sail for a week... :(

Anyway, we had brunch at Orange Thimble, a "secret hideout" in the midst of Tiong Bahru:

Find it at Blk 56 Eng Hoon Street #01-68 S160056.


I'd thought the exterior was so... beckoning!

We like the homely and serene feel of the place.



My cup of green tea and his cup of cappucino.


While waiting for the above to buzz...

I couldn't help but notice that Orange Thimble is environmentally-friendly too...

What brilliant usage of the egg trays to enhance the vintage feel of the place! ;)


We had "The English (Breakfast)" and "The English Roll".
Hmmm, they're really filling for brunch! :D
(Pardon our lack of adjectives about the food, we aren't food bloggers but we love eating and love finding new eateries... :P )

I love tiramisu(s), so we obvously tried that!



10ish am and we were both getting high on tiramisu because the sponge is super soaked in liquor!!
What a way to start our Sunday...

Why 'orange'?


Why 'thimble'?



Great ambience for my marking! ;)


One room away and good for chilling :D

Go outdoors for a different feel...


Old school stuff...






The grills and plywood decor gave the place a vintage/warehouse feel...


Done walking around and exiting the whole vintage realm within the cafe...



The shop owner took this photo for us, shows much about their friendliness! ;)

I love the atmosphere, I'm definitely going to return to do my marking in the midst of that peace and quiet! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment